Do candidates pay to work with Velocity?
Velocity doesn’t charge our candidates a fee to use any of our placement services, including career counseling, resume preparation, interview coaching, and job placement.
Why work with Velocity instead of looking for candidates on my own?
Searching for the perfect candidate can take up hours of your time, impacting your bottom line and causing you a lot of frustration. Working with Velocity allows you to focus on your business while we do the searching, pre-screening and administrative work.
What does Velocity do for employers?
Velocity makes it easy to hire the right candidates for the right job. We invest time in learning your business model, style, culture, and needs so that we can find the right people for you. We don’t waste your time with candidates who are “maybe” good fits. We work to find you the best matches and to reduce the time from review to hire.
What kinds of positions do you fill?
Just some of our areas of expertise include:
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Quality Assurance
- Systems Administration
- Network Administration
- IT/Data Security
- Business Process
- Supply Chain
- Web Development
- Application Development
- Mobile Development
- Business Intelligence
- Data Analysis
- Data Warehousing
- Database Administration
- Help Desk Support/li>
- Account Management
What’s the difference between long-term contract, short-term contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire?
- Direct Hire: Velocity Staff works with our clients to identify talented professionals for direct hire. We utilize our extensive network and professional relationships to identify key potential candidates, complete preliminary interviews and assess soft skills and capabilities to determine best matched candidates. We then present uniquely qualified candidates for your review, coordinate interviews, perform reference checks and background screenings, assist with salary negotiations, facilitate the on-boarding process and much more.
- Contract: Whether you are seeking a professional with extensive experience in targeted niche skills sets to support a specific business objective or simply need interim operations support to maintain scalability during peak business cycles, Velocity Staff has you covered. Whether you need a part-time or full-time resource; traditional business schedule or 24 x 7 / 365 day support; on-site, field located or remote worksite reports; we have an extensive talent network and the flexibility to meet your unique needs.
- Short-Term: These are targeted Project or Operational based needs that may be one day to six months in duration.
- Long-Term: These opportunities span from six months to years in duration. Professionals may engage in a single long-term project endeavor or participate in a series of projects for the client.
- Contract-to-Hire: This option has quickly become one of the most popular solutions in identifying mutually beneficial opportunities for candidates and hiring managers. It fosters the flexibility of assessing the candidate in collaboration with all of the elements that are important to your team and your organization; your core business objectives and the essence and culture of the team over the course of the contract period. This solution has also proven to increase tenure and satisfaction ratings with both employers AND professionals.
Does Velocity offer health insurance or any other benefits programs to its full-time employees?
Yes! Full-time employees can choose all, some, or none of these offerings as part of their total compensation package, depending upon their needs. Velocity offers a variety of compensation plans to meet each person’s individual needs. We offer plans that include health insurance, dental and vision insurance, employee assistance programs, health savings plan, 401k with matching funds, sick pay, vacation pay, holiday pay, and more.