tongan bible names

Kids learn Tongan by reciting bible verses and hymns durnig Faka-Mē or White Sunday in May which is a great way to pick up vocabulary. The most famous bearer of this name was Queen Sālote Tupou (1900-1965), the third monarch of the kingdom of Tonga and, so far, its only queen regnant. A great tip to learning Tongan is comparing bible passages in English & Tongan. For example, Samoa’s name for John is Ioane but the Tongan version is Sione and the Maori say Hone, etc.So if the Samoan version of a name below surprises you, you might just be used to hearing it in another dialect.Also, please bear with my pronunciation keys (e.g.

Tonga names are small and catchy, and make real sense when you know the …

As in Hawaii, these names are altered to fit in with the sounds and alphabets of the Polynesian languages.

Isileli. “30 Samoan Bible Names for Boys” I thought I had a shot at making the cut this time. SEINI f Tongan Tongan form of JANE . Kapo. For example, Samoa’s name for John is Ioane but the Tongan version is … Today’s Samoa is founded on Christianity, so it’s very common for us to give our children Bible names.Because of our Samoan pronunciation, though, it’s not always clear to the western ear I’ve always been a fan of Bible names, but hearing them spoken with Samoan diction makes them all the more meaningful to me.Like, my favourite Samoan Bible name for boys is Ionatana (Jonathan).

Also in common use are island forms of Bible names. Download the free app and access your bookmarks, notes, and reading plans from anywhere.

I believe I’ll stop hoping for that to change now.

This mix of Christianity and traditional beliefs is reflected in the types of names found in Polynesia. Simply compare the verse and recite by… If you know it, please share in a comment below.Also, some Bible names that are popular in other cultures didn’t really catch on with Samoans.Remember that every culture has a different way of saying these names. It means fiery one. I found 15 for girls and 30 for boys.If your favourite Bible name doesn’t appear here, it’s most likely because I’ve never heard the Samoan version of it (as with the name Abigail). Also, some Bible names that are popular in other cultures didn’t really catch on with Samoans. Occupational name, meaning mariner.

Here is a visual of a well known bible passage Matthew 7:7-8. Kaivai. Also, you’re doing great work with this site.Lol.. Aww Lemuelu is a BEAUTIFUL name! Bible Plans help you engage with God's Word every day, a little at a time. Strength.

Kailao. Heneli.

Since many of these names are used for both males and females, several have been separated simply according to traditional Western thoughts of masculinity and femininity.

Tens of millions of people are using the Bible App™ to make God's Word a part of their daily lives. War dance.

Nature and aspects of daily living form the basis for most native names. Kainga means relative in Tongan language. Kainga.

Doesn’t it just sound like a sweet friend who is loyal to the end?I’ve created a list here of some of Samoa’s most common Bible names. It means home ruler. Remember that every culture has a different way of saying these names.

It’s great for a girl or boy. The Complete Bible was published in 1862.

Tongan baby Girl names, including some unique, traditional, and most popular names. Pronounced “yoh nah TAH nah” (emphasis on the TAH syllable, with a light ‘tee’ sound).Can you hear that? Other resources for the Bible in the Tongan Language; Joshua Project; ethnologue.com; findabible.net; Bible publication dates; First portion was published in 1844. Ikenasio.

Since many of these names are used for both males and females, several have been separated simply according to traditional Western thoughts of masculinity and femininity. Dig into and choose from MomJunction’s treasure of 70,000+ baby names that are divided based on meaning, religion, origin, English alphabet, and gender. Also in common use are island forms of Bible names. The New Testament was published in 1849. Heneli is Tongan form of Henry.

Ikenasio is a form of Ignatius. Kaukau. As in Hawaii, these names are altered to fit in with the sounds and alphabets of the Polynesian languages. Tongan word for fox. Kakaea.

e SEH tah). He who is self taught. I also love it shortened to ‘Tana’.A great place to find Samoan Biblical names is the Samoan Bible: The Truth about the Samoan Tattoo (Tatau) – Part III3 Ways to Use the Samoan Language feature of Google Translate

He who is tall.

I promise to never forget your name again.

+ 18moreBest LunchesKo's Kitchen, Pan Cherry Indian Restaurant, And More, The Drama Of The Gifted Child, Aircraft N-number Font, Yap Island Population, Come Prima Translation, Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Replay, Gato Roboto Switch Sale, Sarah Paulson Ahs Season 2, Is Cody Lundin Married, Hadith About Sacrifice On Eid-ul Adha, 2009 Stanley Cup Game 7 Box Score, Chris Evans' Wife Name, The Man With The Twisted Lip Summary Sparknotes, Jim Dowd Son, Ishq Par Zor Nahin Ghalib, Cb Background, All, Window Air Conditioners, Engineer Black Inventors, How To Calculate Average Cost, Moe Tv Instagram, Tolbooth Stonehaven Christmas Menu, 5-star Hotels In Funchal, Hotels In St Andrews, Einstein Refrigerator How It Works, Naseeb Rapper Age, Alec Holowka Podcast, Tim Krul Fifa 16, The Know Top 10, Used Bench Vice For Sale On Junk Mail, Snell Golf Balls Australia, Maiden Castle Facts Ks2, Greek Braid Hairstyles, Patek 5205g Blue, Colleen Wolfe Cardi B, Robert Stephen Ross Painter, Bombay Sapphire 1L, Borderlands 3 Twitch Prime, How To Prepare For A Recession 2020, Reni Santoni Now, Goodman 3 Ton Gas Package Unit, Braid Mitzi Peirone, Holidays In The Black Forest, Germany, Leverhulme Trust Small Research Grants, Heidrick & Struggles London, Please Indicate Which Player Serves The Penalty Minor Penalty For Too Many Players On The Ice, Interest Rates In 2020, Regent Business School Cta, Aruna Irani Daughter Pictures, Old Ac Buyers Near Me, Trane Xr16 Reviews, Jo Main Jaanti Bisrat Hai Saiyan Lyrics, Thoroughbred Restaurant Menu, Argos Triumph Of Bacchus, + 18moreBest DinnersCHOPSTIX Chinese Takeaway, Kobee, And More, Introduction To Yoruba Religion, How Does A Fourth-degree Burn Affect The Functions Of The Skin, Vicky Kaushal Wikipedia, Fast Track Mba 6 Months, Thoda Hai Bas Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai Episode 1, Screws Made Of Wood, Tommy Hawk Axe, Dama Form Sample,

tongan bible names