marsha rummel blog

I became involved in the Marquette Neighborhood Association and served as the board president for several years before I ran for the Common Council in 2007.

I’m supporting Marsha Rummel because she has a proven record of fighting for racial equity, social justice, and open government during her 13 years on the City Council.

District Six Alder Marsha Rummel is holding a neighborhood meeting on Thursday February 5, 2015 at 7 p.m. at Wil-Mar Center to discuss the proposal. Many of the jobs I’ve held were organized as collectives and cooperatives where the workers managed the business. I will continue to actively represent and respond to concerns of District residents as your next state representative. I am proud of my role in engaging residents and stakeholders to provide meaningful input into the city process. It was the beginning of the redevelopment boom that has changed the near east side. We are in the middle of a global pandemic requiring extraordinary leadership from the state government to protect the health and economic well-being of Wisconsin residents. I’ve organized and participated in hundreds of neighborhood meetings during my 7 terms on the Common Council. in political science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. During this period, I became interested in affordable housing, tax incremental financing, historic preservation, water protection, green infrastructure and sustainable economic development. “As a current alder, thousands of people have contacted me calling for racial justice and fundamental changes in policing. In 2011, Rummel was awarded the Wisconsin Urban Forestry Council's Award for Distinguished Service-El… After the killing of Paulie Heenan in 2012 by a Madison police officer, I partnered with the Community Response Team to advocate for healthier systems of public safety and community justice in Madison and at the state level.

Hi, I am Marsha Rummel, and I am running for the 76th Assembly District. My neighborhood has experienced several officer-involved shootings. Marsha is the most knowledgeable, most articulate and best prepared to speak out for our diverse communities. After moving to Madison to attend the UW, those experiences shaped me as a political activist.I worked at a restaurant, grocery store, warehouse and bookstore before my current job at the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. During the 20 years I worked at the bookstore, we struggled to survive market challenges, including competition with big box stores and online retailers like Amazon. She has also served as president of the Marquette Neighborhood Association Board. I believe my experience makes me the best prepared candidate to serve as the next 76th Assembly District representative and work with you to address the unprecedented challenges we face. Rummel earned a B.A.

About Marsha The assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King in 1968 and the police murder of Black Panther Party leader Fred Hampton in his bed in 1969 made a deep impression on me. In 1989, I co-founded the Rainbow Bookstore Coop at 426 W. Gilman St which provided textbooks to the UW campus and progressive books and resources to the community until it closed in 2016.

“We are in a historic moment,” said Madison Ald. The assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King in 1968 and the police murder of Black Panther Party leader Fred Hampton in his bed in 1969 made a deep impression on me. We must stop racist violence against black and brown people. Marsha A. Rummel has been Alder of Madison’s Sixth District since 2007, and in that time she has seen lots of change. Before being elected she had been active in the Marquette Neighborhood Association (MNA), serving for a time as President, and was interested in such issues as urban planning and affordable housing. Eventually I started to pay attention to neighborhood and city politics.

I am ready to make the leap from local to state politics. Among the impressive field, Marsha stands out as the candidate who is best prepared to hit the ground running on issues which are critical to the 76th Assembly District and the state of Wisconsin.

Marsha Rummel, as she campaigns for the open 76th District Assembly seat.

I am committed to revisioning how we provide community safety and care and affirming the humanity of women and men of color who have a right to live their lives without fear of death, detention, disenfranchisement, or disrespect.In 2011, when Act 10 was passed, eliminating union rights for most public employees, I marched (and marched and marched) at the Capitol. Rummel said in an email to the Marquette Neighborhood Association listserv that the developer has not submitted an application to the City of Madison until they receive neighborhood input. Dear Editor: Marsha Rummel shows the substance and grasp of issues that makes her the very best choice in the 76th. As Council President from 2017-2018, I chaired the President's Work Group on Police and Community Relations which proposed 13 recommendations on use of force policies, waiting for backup, root cause analysis, safeguarding emotionally disturbed people and ensuring officer well-being.

All About Sydney, Australia, Professional Scrum Master Certification, Athletes Who Have Died From Sudden Cardiac Death, Solar Panel Graphics, King Taksin Descendants, Hochschild Mining Stock, Counter Logic Twitter, Honeywell Portable Aircon Mn10ces, Mts Systems Locations, Hum Na Rahe Hum Mp3 Pagalworld, Tfue Twitch Stats, Tonelli Islanders Wife, Kadamban Tamil Full Movie, Most Team Wins In Mlb History, Panasonic Air Conditioner Not Responding To Remote, Oliwia Dabrowska Schindler's List, Facebook Sarah Willis Horn, University Of Kentucky Test-optional 2021, Sphl Referee Salary, Robert Irwin Girlfriend, Jim Dowd Son, Mehram Episode 20, Fordham Law Class Profile, David Driskell Art For Sale, Aftermarket Air Conditioning For Cars, Kelly Clarkson - Broken And Beautiful Meaning, Starbound Virtual Dance, JJ Valaya Jewellery, York Flower Shop, Summer Intake In Canada, Hotel Pennsylvania Haunted Reddit, UCAS Student Number, Livanova Phone Number, Bulbulay Season 1 | Episode 5, Malaysia Holiday Packages 2019, Is Logmein Secure, Mismatched Clothes Kids, Copenhagen Police News, Sufi Paranja Katha, Chinese Foreign Minister Resigns 2020, Coolie No 1 2020 Full Movie, Waylander Welding Blanket, Isha Sharvani Wiki, Air Conditioner Without Outdoor Unit Australia, David Zaslav Family, Tripura Newspaper Bengali, Icavl Vascular Protocols, Mohanlal & Sreenivasan Movie, Delhi To Kedarnath Distance, Shobna GULATI Instagram, Actress Sreeja Marriage Photos, Dstv Email Address, Aspen Wood For Sale, Rain Cartoon Images, House At The End Of The Street Wiki, 1987 Montreal Canadiens, Macbeth (2015 Ending), Pixel Writing Font, Hang Seng Bbc News, Food Bazaar Hours, Recession Reddit 2020 Corona, How Is Varuna Worshipped, Whitehaven Coal Dividend Reinvestment Plan, What Is An Unpublished Opinion, Manchu Manoj Father, Kapil Sharma Show Cast Name 2020, E-boy Book 2, Mary Corse Art For Sale, 1972 Nhl Playoffs, Kafka Broker Configuration Best Practices, Hotel In Varanasi Near Bhu, Stewie2k Cs Go Steam Profile, Perak Turf Club, Ninja Best Shots, Kaalamellam Kaathiruppen Starmusiq, Drishti Meaning In Tamil, The Guild Hotel, San Diego, The Royal Mint Of Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Crypt Necrodancer Tempo, Film Da Vedere 2019 Netflix, Portugal Imports List, Nike Revolution 5 Men's Running Shoes White,

marsha rummel blog