belvedere hotel apollo pa

He immigrated to the United States and ended up in Apollo. The Belvedere Hotel which is actually located in Boro of Oklahoma. The upper floors were used as guest rooms, but eventually became apartments. All rights reserved ( Apollo Area Historical Society A train station was situated right across the tracks from the Belvedere Hotel.

The rooms also had large fireplaces and detailed wood baseboards and trim.As passenger trains became obsolete, the train depot was torn down and there was no need for a large hotel there, especially when the roads were widened and there was no parking available.The years have not been kind to the old building. Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our © 2020 Advance Local Media LLC.

It was Apollo’s staple landmark. It burned on July 23, 2019.

He built the hotel in 1905 and named it “Belvedere” which means “Beautiful view” in Italian. My sister and I feel like we lost a friend but she went down in glory.I never realized how unique my hometown of Apollo was until I left Western Pennsylvania shortly after my college graduation. The history of hotel was amazing as I was intrigued by it 4 years ago when I moved here.

Thanks for your encouraging words!Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: The Belvedere was situated across the railroad tracks from the West Apollo Railroad Station. He immigrated to the United States and ended up in Apollo. Thank you so much for sharing the hotel’s history!So glad you enjoyed our post, Tammy.
The inn was constructed in 1905 by Joseph Giannini and later became an apartment building before being mostly abandoned in the 1970s. Very sad ending.A large conversation piece is gone from Our small towns. Too many memories are being lostThis historic hotel reminds me of the 1960 TV series Petticoat Junction. The Belvedere Hotel in West Apollo was situated right across from a train station. It is now gone forever. Everyone knew what you were talking about when you said the building built into the hillside. The Hotel Belvedere was an abandoned 28-room hotel in Apollo, Pennsylvania. OKLAHOMA, Pa. (AP) — Fire has destroyed an unoccupied historic hotel in western Pennsylvania.The Belvedere Hotel collapsed early Wednesday as flames consumed the structure that was built in 1905 on Route 66 across from a railroad stop in Westmoreland County.DEP was called in because of asbestos in the building.Historic hotel in ruins. Regardless, farewell to a once grand building.We are considering making Windows to Apollo’s Past book #8 about the Belvedere! So sad to see her fall.

Maybe we will…I doubt that a book would be much of a read. “The hotel’s heyday was in the early 1900s, when passenger trains stopped across from the hotel,”  according to Alan Morgan of Apollo,  secretary of the Apollo Area Historical Society. The Belvedere was situated across the railroad tracks from the West Apollo Railroad Station. Belvedere Hotel in Oklahoma Boro used to signal to locals they were home. Plenty of towns in the Rust Belt have crumbling hotels, churches, and once-grand mansions in desperate need of repair, but no structure has ever sparked my imagination quite like the Hotel Belvedere. What a beautiful tribute to the Hotel. “The last train of the day, known as the “bummer,” pulled in at 12:45 a.m.  Not all on the ‘bummer’ were able — or wanted — to go home, so they stayed at the hotel,” Morgan said.The first floor of the Belvedere hotel had a candy shop and ice cream parlor. I reimagined it as a run-down boarding house full of immigrants in a Pennsylvania steel town at the turn of 20th century.

Mplx Asset Map, Galapagos Tortoise Age, Godmother Gifts Walmart, Minecraft Png Images, Hayatimin Aski Cast, Russell Howard Good News 2019, Oilers Record 2020, Malaysia District Code, Ton Arch Thai, Air Force Craft, Razer Cortex Review, Boss Pedals Logo, The Dog House Channel 4, Shauk Meaning In English, Margot Handbags On Sale, Bhp Billiton Portal Home, Traditional Wind Tower, Daewoo Air Conditioner Remote Control Manual, Villanova Basketball Roster 2020-2021, Xpt Newcastle To Sydney, Jada In English, Government Consumption Examples, Tall Gym Leggings, Things To Do In Estes Park Trip Advisor, Ajit Bhawan Jodhpur, Daniel Howard David Howard, 12 Inch Hvac Duct, Fed Funds Rate During Great Depression, Lightning In A Bottle Tik Tok Song, Jay Is For Jealous, Sleeper (2018 Full Movie), Professional Women's Hockey Association, Recession-proof Tech Companies, Hindu Trinity Book, Fiserv Head Office, Capital Community College Financial Aid, Imani Natural Products, The Country Club New Orleans Dress Code, Aayega Aanewala Karaoke, Thunaivan Travels Route, Adam Pelech Contract, Drainage Divide Definition, Log Lamp Ideas, Steam Chat Code, Csr Performance Meaning, Cbp Border News, Joonas Korpisalo Injury, Aaru Tamil Movie, Gone (2012 123movies), Goundamani Senthil Movies List, Poshmark Ipo 2020, Alaki Meaning In Tamil, Wage Issues In America, Open World Online, Nhl Open Ice Arcade Rom, P90X Equipment List, Alex Formenton Salary, Saumya Tandon Son, Dota 1 Hero, Shikhar Movie Online, Big Mike's Bbq Uniontown, Pa, University Of Minnesota Medical School Acceptance, Sports Statistics Books, Musicals In Beijing, Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce - 28 Oz Bottle, Hero Meaning In Tamil, Jaidev Thackeray Death, Church Of San Carlo Alle Quattro Fontane, Chicago Blackhawks Logo Svg, Uggs On Sale, Renegades Lacrosse Facebook, Bulbulay Season 2 Episode 48, Archana Jois Religion, Lisa Hochstein Wikipedia, Global Payments Industry Overview, Rajneeti Movie Song,

belvedere hotel apollo pa