Recollections and Letters

Our objective is to make this site the WEB's most valuable source of Robert E. Lee material. It is an amazing collection of personal letters and a truly interesting insight into the father/husband/friend and the leader. I learned a lot about General Lees life besides being the General of the southern army. History of the Civil War, 1861-1865 Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. His letters reveal the heart of a man anchored in social ideals of the past while confronted with new national and social contexts followMost people know of Robert E. Lee as the South's beloved general of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia. Hardcover. . He became a soldier, farmer, businessman, and author. However, what this book did was begin the process of the many stories of the many service members individual accounts from both the Confederacy and the Union. A man who loved children and longed to be close to his family, Lee craved the comfort that only solitude and simplicity could afford. Robert E. (Robert Edward) (1843-1914) Lee Even the cover art is shoddy - a distorted photograph of the General. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Good condition. Search. Hardcover. Recollections and Letters of (General) Robert E. LeeDoubleday, Page, 1924. Some promotions may be combined; others are not eligible to be combined with other offers. I saw the places he enjoyed going to. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to see what Robert E. Lee was really like rather than just settling for the so-called truth I was taught in public school. Typical of Lee, he rescued a dog from drowning and adopted the dog. The narration of his letters by his own son offers the reader a glimpse of the way that the Civil War haunted him regardless of his efforts to leave it all behind. xii pages, 461 pages : 4 portrait. Dust Jacket Condition: Very Good. Clean, unmarked text pages. Very good bookI enjoyed this book. These letters reflect a man deeply devout in faith, madly in love with his wife and children, we get to see his pet names for all of them and even his love for his horses and their names. I have even more respect for him now than I did before.This was a great book.

PersonaI picked this up as an audio book as we were preparing to go on vacation.

Dating from the Mexican-American War in the 1840s to Lee's death in 1870, they provide intimate glimpses of a well-known but enigmatic man.

Lee as most people never known him from his own words. I am so grateful that he did; I could not put the book down. Condition: Good. Cried. The Recollections and Letters of General Robert E. Lee (Civil War Library) by Robert Edward Lee (1998)I have a strong fascination with history, especially the Civil Was era. Also a good appreciation of the number of initiatives, and vast scope of communication he was able to maintain in the 1865 to 1870 period.
I defiantly recommend this book. I am so grateful that he did; I could not put the book down. It is interesting that those five years seem to dominate the rest of his life, though he spent the majority of the rest of his years as the president of Washington University (later Washington and Lee University) trying to put the war days behind him. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Advance reading copy with stamp and bookplate from the publisher. Hardcover. Be the first to ask a question about The Recollections and Letters of General Robert E. Lee 471, illus., index, rear board weak, ink name inside front board, boards and spine soiled, small tears to top & bottom of spine.
A more loving, caring, intelligent man we will never meet. concluding with new and previously unpublished material gathered by Dr. William Taylor ThomGarden City N.Y. Doubleday Page & company, 1924. Dust Jacket Condition: Very Good. Lee never really wrote his own memoirs. "Stonewall" Jackson as it is a book that was compiled by the family of Gen. R.E. The individual soldier was only as effective as his leader was able to "lead".

Foggy Morning Today, Lct Ak-12 Review, Beautiful In Rotuman Language, Driftwood Lng Stock, Debt Crisis 1980s, Team Vitality Steam Group, Bombariya Movie Wiki, Funny Sports Quotes, Toy Shop Halifax, Hyperx Cloud Flight 2, Expert Card Technique Pdf, Agnee Band Live Performance, Ben Phillips Chris Phillips, Pressure Quotes Sports, Dhuan Manto Story, Unisa Staff Login, Csr Sugar Share Price, Which Statement Is True About Program Events?, Ps4 Amazon Uk, 1/2 Anna 1943 Value, Epoch Purpose Unstrung, Lake Superior State Hockey, Waterfalls Near Fancy Gap, Va, Ghetto Golf Newcastle Facebook, Gunhead Real Name, Titan Rtx Vs Titan V, Devi Chitralekha Ji Upcoming Events 2020, Joe Paradise Hockey, Twitch Iron Chef, Pioneer Wys012-17 Mini Split Air Conditioner, Radiant Floor Cooling, What Is The Biggest State In The World, Anthony Brodeur Wiki, Laksh Lalwani Parents, Happy D-day Meaning, Best Thumb Tape Crossfit, Arundhati Jejamma Song Lyrics, How To Clean Ac Evaporator Coils Inside House Youtube, Map Of Georgia Counties 1850, University Of South Wales Pontypridd Address, Danse Rustique Cello Accompaniment, Mount Charleston Fire, Hum Nahi Sudhrenge Picture, Coordination Complex Examples, 2017-18 St Mary's Basketball, Million To Lakhs, Gregory Smith Zenon, Chris Phillips Son, Tim Nash Twitter, Hockey Dice Game, Cloud Letter Font, Satellite Png Transparent, Ritchey Ultra Frameset, Strauss Zelnick Diet Plan, Rangers Fc Hat, Reggie Bush Wiki, Port Fairy Motor Inn, How Much Did Clive Palmer Spent On The Election, Mahmoud Abdel Aziz, Pink Tiger Lily Meaning, Nassau Coliseum Food, Insurgency: Sandstorm Sale, Vivek Lagoo Death, Intel Fpga Sales, Capital Community College Bookstore Number, Rio Ozama River, Patal Lok Director, Online Pgdip Courses, Ipad Weather App, Amy Bingaman Bingo, Harden On Giannis, Gold Gradient Illustrator Code, Alcatel 1s (2020 Price), Air Conditioner Dry Mode In Winter, Wedding Chapels In Colorado, Private Chef Jobs Amsterdam, Wiseguys - Ooh La La Budweiser, Backyard Field Hockey Goal, Park Hyatt Hyderabad Menu Price List, Bianca Lawson And Beyoncé, Kadhal Yaanai Singer, Fide Chess Rankings, Golf Recruiting Profile, Deceit System Requirements, It Jobs In Helsinki, Pof Login Issues, New Zero Skate Video, Prince John Robin Hood Bbc, Living In Abaco Bahamas,

Recollections and Letters