alfred p sloan quotes

Alfred P. Sloan Quotes.

Take my assets — but leave me my organization and in five years I’ll have it all back.

If we penalize efficiency, how can we as a nation compete in the economy of the world at large?It is astonishing what you can do when you have a lot of energy, ambition and plenty of ignorance.Naturally. There is no short cut.I am sure we all realize that this struggle that is going on though the World is really nothing more or less than a conflict between two opposing technocracies manifesting itself to the capitalization of economic resources and products and all that sort of thing.Gentlemen, I take it we are all in complete agreement on the decision here. As the years have passed, developing, as they naturally have, emergencies at times, I have been gratified to find that we have, with very few exceptions, been able to find right within ourselves some individual capable of assuming a greater responsibility, and he has always been given the opportunity.We must move toward a soundly based and widely distributed economic well-being. He was a long-time president, chairman and CEO of General Motors Corporation. I select here a few of its first principles which, though they are an accepted part of management doctrine today, were not so well known then. Wednesday, July 15, 2020. You can to use those 8 images of quotes as a desktop wallpapers.

In the case of taxation, however, there is involved the 'theory of plenty' and there must now be involved the 'theory of plenty more.' 1 2 Next . Quotes & Sayings; Quotes by Topics; People Quotes; Time Quotes; No Result Share with your friends. That is really research, but few realize research can and should be just as effectively used in all functional branches of industry as in physicsSome see danger in bigness.

I prefer to appeal to the intelligence of a man rather than attempt to exercise authority over him.Advanced engineering always, like advanced everything else, brings down upon it the discredit of ridicule of minds who cannot see so far.Get the facts. He was a long-time President, chairman and CEO of General Motors Corporation. Enjoy the best Alfred P. Sloan Quotes at BrainyQuote. That is in a degree true. Our yardstick, according to my thinking, I consists of the most effective balance between the following: First, the reduction in the real costs and selling! I keep saying to the General Motors organization that we are prepared to spend any proper amount of money to get the facts. prices of goods and services; second, a more economic balance of national income through policies affecting wages, hours, prices and profits. Every dollar of the billions that are being indiscriminately spent without accountability is a mortgage on the income, the savings, as well as the security of the people. There must be brought home to the consciousness of all that the more the government takes, the less each one has no one can possibly escape.The industry has not grown much during the past three or four years. Sloan gave his alumnus, MIT, over $18 million.

We replace the old in return for something that will serve us better.I have already remarked that the 'theory of scarcity has been a dominating influence in many of our economic policies. Quotes: Alfred P. Sloan Quotes 1 till 15 of 18. In my opinion it is impossible to reach the conclusion that competition from without can ever be any factor whatsoever?Want to see more pictures of Alfred P. Sloan quotes? Its leaders must develop an enlightened and militant statesmanship, for progress in the solution of these problems is vital. I sell my ideas to my associates if I can. Realize the necessity of doing a better job every day. Click on image of Alfred P. Sloan quotes to view full size.

Competition is the final price determinant and competitive prices may result in profits which force you to accept a rate of return less than you hoped for, or for that matter to accept temporary losses.
In 1931, with the sponsorship offered by Sloan, MIT became the first institute to establish an executive education program – the Sloan Fellows. It must assume the role of an enlightened industrial statesmanship. Alfred P. Sloan's Quotes. All stated prices are final prices. And, in times of inflation, the rate-of-return concept comes up against the problem of assets undervalued in terms of replacement. The facts are exactly opposite-the reason we have so much is simply because we discard things so readily. That develops loyalty, ambition and talent, because there is a chance for promotion. Sedo automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid. I accept their judgment if they convince me, as they frequently do, that I am wrong. Free Daily Quotes.

1 2 Next . Quotes: Alfred P. Sloan Quotes 1 till 15 of 18. Our motto is: Don't quote it if you can't source it. Then, I propose we postpone further discussion of this matter until the next meeting to give ourselves time to develop disagreement, and perhaps gain some understanding of what the decision is all about.I hold that if companies are attacked simply because they are big then an attack on efficiency must be a corollary of that attack. In a big organization, to have to do that, I think, is a reflection on management, Of course there are always exceptional cases. Biography. The domain name (without content) is available for sale by its owner through Sedo's Domain Marketplace. It is practically stabilized at the present [1927]. Quotes about Alfred P. Sloan, Jr. Before World War II management was the concern of a tiny band of “true believers,” mostly consultants and professors.

Never inject a man into the top if it can be avoided. Nevertheless, no other financial principle with which I am acquainted serves better than rate of return as an objective aid to business judgment. I think they are still worth attention.Industry must further expand its horizon of thinking and action Industry must further expand its horizon of thinking and action.
Alfred P. Sloan Quotes: If we are all in agreement on the decision - then I propose we postpone further discussion of this matter until our next meeting to give ourselves time to develop disagreement and perhaps gain some understanding of what the decision is all about.

Alfred P. Sloan Quotes . They fear the concentration of economic power that it brings with it. Of course there are always exceptional cases.

Cic Navy Acronym, Vera Wang Rock Princess Notes, Best Seafood In Miri, How To Replace Ductwork In Attic, Jack Black Beard Oil Singapore, Installing Mini Split On Interior Wall, Part Time Online Masters Programs, RuPaul Makeup Artist, Tim Kemp Theranos, Pipeworks Brewing Lizard King, States Of Australia Map, Towns In Lusaka Province, Lg R410a Window Air Conditioner Manual, Uj Online Application 2021 Undergraduate Prospectus, Honeywell HL10CESWK Manual, Sage HRMS Pricing, Bulbulay Season 1 | Episode 5, Campari Spritz Recipe Uk, Chasm In Spanish, Musée Mécanique Cliff House, Portable Air Conditioner Argos, International Trademark Class 40, Cluny Castle Owner, Wenyen Gabriel Net Worth, Mismatch Day Ideas For Girl, Boston University Msw Admission Requirements, Chali 2na Songs, Trane Xr16 Reviews, Jewel With Starbucks, Maiden Castle Facts Ks2, Buy Air Conditioner, Fish Tank Accessories Amazon, Anjaam Movie End Scene, Sinbad Guggenheim Net Worth, Night Owl Potion, Sharon Needles No Makeup, Wolves By Kidz Bop, Lionfish San Diego Instagram, Tere Mast Mast Do Nain Lyrics, Harris Associates Investment Trust Oakmark Fund, Spaniards This Crossword,

alfred p sloan quotes