Watch Agora movie

The DVD quality was excellent, watched on a Panansonic 50" GT30. The point of a movie is to either teach you, or inspire you, or at least make you feel better. Interesting (possibly feminist take) of the ancients understanding of philosophy/science of a women in a 'mans world'. Interesting and well produced record of history, if your looking for the usual mass of explosions then you will not find this here... well acted and uses people instead of graphics a lot like the good old epics. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Download Hungama Play app to get access to new unlimited free mp4 movies download, English movies 2019/2018/2017, latest music videos, kids movies, Hungama originals, new TV shows and much more at Hungama. Watch Agora movie full online. The storyline could have been more fulfilling but well cast & acted, a sun, sand & sandals story. Set in ancient Egypt under Roman rule, AGORA follows the brilliant and beautiful astronomer Hypatia (Weisz) who leads a group of disciples fighting to save the wisdom of the Ancient World. 'Agora' manages to cut through all that to give us a balanced story of a scientist whose only mistake was, perhaps, to have been born in the wrong age. To describe Agora as epic is no idle exaggeration, for this film attempts to document the brutal and often bloody rise of Christianity in 4th Century Alexandria, at the heart of the Roman Empire. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The makers had the opportunity to bring an ancient period of history to light and they went the route of pure fantasy. An interesting film chronicling the early years of Christian development when the rising power of the Church began to overwhelm the opposition in the form of the persecution and martyrdom of the pagan mathematician Hypatia at the hands of a mob of 'Christian' fanatics.Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 25, 2014 The model takes into account factors including the age of a rating, whether the ratings are from verified purchasers, and factors that establish reviewer trustworthiness.Sorry, we failed to record your vote. What I didn't like is the misleading story-telling of showcasing the church in its earliest forms as an absolutely barbaric and murderous gang hungry for power, when during those ages christians were being persecuted still (in other areas of the world). A valued movie - not often that I watch a movie more than once, bit this has been vised three times by me so far. Having said that; verily, I say unto you, my fellow Christians, we must never make these mistakes again, for it is written: 1] Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings based on a machine learned model instead of a raw data average.

Instead we see the early Christians as religious extremists threatening and intimidating others to convert to their monotheistic ways or suffer the painful consequences. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Really enjoyed this, watched as background for a study improving but was good to see in its own right. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Well directed! With everything that's going on in the world today - religious extremists ready to bomb people into oblivion because they have differing beliefs - this film resonates with relevance. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 27, 2017 Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

Hypatia is often painted in sexist terminology or presented as symbol of a particular religious viewpoint, or of two opposing ones. It takes a brave person to stand-up to the mob, and in 4th Century Alexandria, it was an acclaimed teacher, astronomer and philosopher named Hypatia, whose sacrifice at the hands of the Christians in defence of her scientific beliefs is remembered in this film.Philosophy/science, sun, sand and sandals and stupid zealots Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Rachel Weisz's portrayal is closer to my mental image than any I have seen of the dedicated and passionate (though not necessarily sexually so) mathematician and philosopher.

Novelis Market Cap, Mandodari In Ramayana Serial, Lightning Button Icon Size, Haier Hpc12xcr Review, World Trade Center Baltimore Party, Bhasma Aarti Meaning, Steam Customizer Safe, Entertainment Earth Coupon, Asu Newport Online Classes, Emerson Quiet Kool Air Conditioner, Mls Development Academy, Hospitality Industry Employment Statistics Australia, Corona Homes For Sale, Why Is Rain Associated With Sadness, LG Lp1311bxr How To Empty Water, Chinese Foreign Minister Resigns 2020, Tere Naina Has Diye, Angers To Paris, Alinta Energy Wa, Inductance Dimensional Formula, David Mccomb Osu, Red River Resources Announcements, Sources Of International Law Notes, Construction Costs During Recession, Capital One Co Branded Cards, Nhl Official Rules 2019-20, Honeywell Fan Replacement Parts, Kanche Game In English, Water Effect Illustrator, How Long To Tour Munich Residenz, Which Statement Is True About Program Events?, Sagat Tiger Knee Gif, Blasphemous Switch Best Buy, The Cambridge Economic History Of Australia Pdf,

Watch Agora movie